Maximum Fitness offers a variety of classes to suit your fitness needs. For those looking to improve their muscular endurance, manage stress better, and cardiovascular system with a low impact activity, cycling classes are for you!
Maximum Fitness offers 3 unique indoor cycling formats.
There is minimal impact on the hip, knee, and ankle joints. A person avoids the pounding associated with other activities such as running.
When pedaling against resistance, you increase the endurance of the muscles in the legs to include the quadriceps, hamstrings, gluteus, and the calf muscles. Working these muscles also helps to strengthen surrounding bones, tendons, and ligaments increasing overall strength so that activities of daily living can be performed with ease.
Cycling class can provide the same adrenaline rush as runners high and release happy mood inducing neurotransmitters known as endorphins. Endorphins tend to create feelings of euphoria, low stress levels, and enhance the body’s immune response.
ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) recommends that healthy adults should get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week. As with all continuous cardiovascular activity, an indoor cycling program can help lower the risk of coronary artery disease.
1. You don’t have to stay for the whole class
2. You set your own resistance and speed – and no one sees it but you!
3. Everyone pedals slow at first (and leaves early)
4. The seat is not your friend (until your 3rd of 4th class) – refer to #1
5. The seat is softer if you purchase a bike seat cover.
6. You don’t need special shoes - later you may want them!
7. Bring water a towel and a little courage
8. Your instructor may seem, but is not crazy and you’ll likely end up good friends!
Achieve your fitness goals, have more energy, meet like minded individuals, in a non-intimidating class environment. Only the best hand-picked class instructors are selected to help lead you every step of the way!
With the personal care that only your hometown gym can deliver, you deserve!