At Maximum Fitness there are a variety of machines to get in an Aerobic and Cardio filled workout!
1. “Cardio” activity can be either aerobic or anaerobic, depending on the level of effort and exertion required for that individual to do the exercise. Anaerobically is generally of high intensity (ex. weight lifting) and requires maximum effort. Aerobically is of endurance, stimulates the heart rate and breathing rate to increase in a way that can be sustained for the exercise session.
2. Training your aerobic system will increase mitochondria in your muscle cells to generate energy (ATP) and increase capillary vascularization for increased oxygen utilization. These mitochondria burn fat and glucose (sugar), but they’re much more efficient using fat as energy over glucose (12 times more).
3. Aerobic system provides a solid foundation for good health, these muscles support your overall posture. Aerobic exercise not only improves fitness; it also has known benefits for both physical and emotional health.
4. Aerobic conditioning is also necessary foundation of virtually all training (exception w/ 1 sprint less than 200 meters), but most activities or sports will be performed with a well developed aerobic system, the longer an event the more your body will rely on the aerobic system. A strong aerobic base will even benefit one’s recovery in-between sets of strength training as well as anaerobic interval training too.
1. Improves Cardiovascular Health
Cardio exercise strengthens your heart and helps it more efficiently pump blood throughout the body. Cardiovascular exercise can also help lower blood pressure, and keep your arteries clear by raising “good” high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and lowering “bad” low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels in the blood.
2. Lowers Blood Pressure
Cardiovascular exercise may help you manage symptoms of high blood pressure. That’s because exercise can help lower blood pressure.
3. Helps Regulate Blood Sugar
Regular physical activity helps regulate insulin levels and lower blood sugar, all while keeping body weight in check
4. Aids Sleep
If you try and finish your workout at least 2 hours before bedtime, you should have no problem falling asleep from a good workout! A study on individuals with chronic sleep issues revealed that a regular exercise program combined with sleep hygiene education is an effective treatment for insomnia.
5. Safe For Most People, and Kids
Children should get regular aerobic exercise, aim to get your child moving at least 60 minutes or more each day.
At Maximum Fitness there are many options to choose from for a cardio and aerobic exercise. We have classes (ex. Group X), machines (ex.treadmill, hypoxy chamber), and stationary bikes! Whichever option suits you best, you deserve to get to the next level of fitness!